We are excited to announce two upcoming 1house at a time work events on Saturday, October 19th from 9 am to 1 PM. With the help of Applied Materials we will be working in the homes of the Smith and Sanchez Families in East Austin.
We are looking for 25-30 volunteers of all experience levels and 8 skilled leaders to help us accomplish the following tasks:
Sanchez Family Home: (Ms. Sanchez suffers from severe asthma)
- Replace old carpet with laminate flooring
- Install HEPA air filter
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs
- Other miscellaneous energy and water efficiency improvements
If you want to volunteer for the Sanchez Family Home, please contact email@example.com.
Smith Family Home:
- Installation of rain barrel collection system
- Replace damaged screens on front porch
- Install wall socket cover on interior walls
- Caulk all exterior windows
- Caulk AC registers
- Install above ground garden with plants
- Clean out rain gutters
- Replace existing washer with new energy efficient unit
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED lights
- Clear out blockage on back drain pipe and replace with new PCV plug
- Repair small hole on side of home at the roof line
**As a special bonus we are recruiting local Boy Scouts and Webelos Cub Scouts to volunteer to earn service hours or earn their Handyman badges. If you know a scout that might want to participate, please ask them to join us!**
Remember, just four hours of your time can help lower both families’ utility bills and improve their quality of life for years to come. Also, you will learn valuable skills that you can use on your home to help lower your own utility bills. So, come out and make a difference!!!